Springridge Mennonite

The congregation at Pincher Creek, Alberta began services in 1927, and formally organized in 1928 with 56 members. The congregation was known as the Blumenthaler Mennonite Church. Worship services were held in various homes and included both Mennonite Brethren and Mennonite families. The first building was occupied in 1934, built from salvage materials taken from a hotel at Fort Macleod, Alberta, and dedicated on 21 July 1935. The building was later expanded. In 1969 the congregation changed its name to Springridge Mennonite Church.

David P. Janzen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union.

The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1950s.


CMC Nexus (Mar. 1996): 10.

De Jong, Joanne. "A fantastic model at Springridge." Canadian Mennonite 24, no. 3 (3 February 2020): 22.

Dick, C. L. The Mennonite Conference of Alberta: a History of its Churches and Institutions. Edmonton: The Mennonite Conference of Alberta, 1981, 147 pp.

Mennonite Reporter (18 March 1974): 14.

Unpublished congregational history, 1978, 29 pp. Mennonite Heritage Centre.